Oxbridge Academy is a private college preparatory school for young men and women in grades 9 through 12. Regardless of their economic background, our students have access to the best teachers and technology to learn the skills they need to be tomorrow’s leaders and innovators. Teachers at Oxbridge Academy foster a lifelong love of learning, spark curiosity, encourage students to make good choices, and serve as role models. They deliver their content expertise to their assigned classes so that all students have rigorous and inclusive access to the curriculum and instruction every day to meet their learning goals. In Curriculum Coordination Teams, teachers work collaboratively on such areas as creating and revising curriculum, reviewing student work, selecting and developing instructional resources, planning and coordinating portfolio and exhibition activities, meeting with specialists, and preparing common assessments.
Oxbridge Academy offer competitive salaries and a variety of employee benefits:
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 403 B Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Use of Fitness Center
Please email us at HR@oapb.org with a letter of interest and resume.
- Director of Development
- Communications Specialist
- Building Services
- Dining Hall Assistant
- Admission Assistant
About Oxbridge Academy
Oxbridge Academy, a non-profit, independent grade 9-12 school in West Palm Beach, Florida, is seeking a director of development to spearhead the annual fund, major donor giving, acquisitions of foundation grants, and other fundraising-related activities. This opportunity calls for an experienced and entrepreneurial development professional who is excited by the opportunity to reestablish a developmental program and to tackle fundraising in a singular fundraising environment.
Oxbridge Academy was founded in 2011 by William I. Koch, CEO and founder of Oxbow Carbon. Mr. Koch graduated from Culver Military Academy in Indiana before earning his bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees from M.I.T. Mr. Koch’s father also attended M.I.T. thanks to the support of a generous benefactor. In a sense, Oxbridge Academy represents a grateful son’s effort to “pay it forward.” Oxbridge offers an outstanding financial aid program, with 46% of current students receiving some form of financial aid.
While the school has been fortunate to have initial and continuing financial support from its founder, it needs to develop greater and broader fundraising capacity for long-term sustainability within its community and from outside local and national resources. Challenges include educating the community on the importance of donations versus tuition, and competing against several other local well-established prep schools. In addition, the school is located in Palm Beach County, which boasts a remarkable density of nonprofits with over 4,400 registered as of 2016, and thus, requires a creative fundraising strategy to distinguish the brand.
* The director of development works closely with the head of school and the board of trustees to manage the development department within the school and to build a strong culture of philanthropy with its parent, local, regional and global communities. The goal of this position is to design programs of giving that attract the maximum gift support possible to the institution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Oversee all aspects of the development department, including leading the annual giving program, designing the capital campaign, building a core group of major donors, soliciting local and national corporate sponsorships, applying for local and national foundation proposals and grants, creating an alumni association, and hosting special development events.
* Work collaboratively and consistently with the head of school on all fundraising activities. Collaborate with the admissions and the communications and marketing departments as part of the office of advancement to create fundraising-related communication.
* Nurture and maintain a highly collaborative relationship with the head of school and the board, supporting and advising them in all their fundraising efforts and responsibilities, including accompanying them on donor visits when appropriate.
* Enhance existing relationships and re-engage past donors, while building new relationships, systems, and programs that further tap into the generosity and resources of the community.
* Educate the employee and parent community on the importance and necessity of giving.
* Develop a complete program of research into the school’s key prospects and initiate an action plan of solicitation
* Manage the development budget.
* Create, supervise and nurture a development office staff.
* Coordinate the school’s volunteerism efforts.
* Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred.
* 5+ years of experience in the nonprofit sector preferred.
* 5+ years of experience in fundraising preferred.
* Independent school experience preferred.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with all the school’s constituents while maintaining strict confidentiality.
* Superb verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience working with and motivating volunteers and staff members.
* 12-month full-time exempt employee. Position starts as soon as possible after offer is accepted and the successful completion of background screenings.
* Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
To Apply Interested Candidates Should Submit
* Cover letter describing your interest in this exciting position and why you are an optimal fit, including how your approach to fundraising would contribute to Oxbridge Academy.
* Application submission screening and interviews will be completed on a rolling basis until filled.
* Oxbridge Academy is committed to diversity at all levels.
* Oxbridge Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Summary/Objective:As a key member of Oxbridge Advancement team reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications Specialist manages many aspects of Oxbridge’s extensive marketing and communication needs. We seek an energetic team member with a proven background for brand awareness using digital media, visual and written communication skills. Our ideal candidate will be a creative person with the ability to produce messaging that captures the attention of our audiences and keeps them engaged through innovative and timely correspondence. The ability to understand and analyze the digital data from our communications and marketing efforts is a plus.
Assist with developing and implementing communications programs to support the Oxbridge mission and ensure alignment with the school’s vision, values, and brand.
Establish relationships with faculty, staff, coaches and students, and maintain a high level of interaction in order to brand, produce, and manage digital communications platforms, social media, and promotional materials.
Develop collateral materials such as advertisements, graphics, programs, brochures, and digital books.
Produce dynamic digital content, including but not limited to promotional videos and graphics.
Strategize and create social media content and campaigns.
Analyze the performance of social media posts and suggest/apply strategies as needed.
Assist with website management: curate content for our website; manage and upload website content; review performance analytics; maintain the file system; and resolve technical web-related issues (with the assistance of Finalsite Support).
Responsible for photography and videography: capture events, classroom activity, and the Oxbridge community via photography and video. Edit and produce finished products.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, advertising, graphic design, journalism or related field.
Minimum 3 years directly related experience managing online content or institutional communications.
Proficient in Adobe Suite, and up to date with industry leading software and technologies.
Demonstrates excellent oral, written, editing, and interpersonal skills.
Proficient with layout, image creation and manipulation, content creation, and project management. Must be able to produce content at a fast pace.
Possess a creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
Strong planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
Ability to work independently with confidence, and also in a team setting.
Ability to work flexible hours when required.
Positive attitude, strong work ethic and initiative.
Employee is responsible for providing maintenance services as needed and/or assigned. Employee understands the Mission, Vision, Core Values, Employee Handbook and other school policies of Oxbridge Academy, ensuring the adherence of these policies in performance, action and self-conduct.
- Arranges furniture and equipment for the purpose of providing adequate preparations for special events.
- Cleans buildings and grounds areas as needed and/or assigned for the purpose of providing an effective working/learning environment, preventing damage and/or limiting liability exposure.
- Installs system component parts, classroom and office equipment and facility components (e.g. lighting, heating and ventilating) systems, alarms, plumbing, security, electrical panels, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and workable environment.
- Performs a wide variety of general and semiskilled maintenance activities (e.g. carpentry, painting, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, etc.) for the purpose of completing projects within established time frames.
- Repairs furniture and building system components for the purpose of ensuring a safe working condition.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the campus.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, electrical or plumbing maintenance
- Certification in HVAC, electrical or plumbing preferred.
- Knowledge is required to read a variety of manuals, and/or present information to others; and understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: standard methods, materials and tools used in assigned skilled trade; and safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to interact effectively with others
Employee is responsible for understanding the Mission, Vision, Core Values, Employee Handbook and other school policies of Oxbridge Academy, ensuring the adherence of these policies in performance, action and self-conduct.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and proper storage of all equipment and the proper handling, serving and storage of all foods
- Maintains cleanliness of the dining hall
- Complies with all sanitation guidelines when engaged in handling food, utensils or equipment
- Adheres to all safety protocols and procedures
- Monitors students, ensuring that the student conducts themselves in accordance with established dining hall rules
- Maintains accurate records and reports required
- Demonstrates the behavioral core values of the school through communication
- Participates in training to increase knowledge of safety, sanitation and accident prevention
- Develops and utilizes policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality
- Close, monitor and clean kitchen in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the campus
- Food service industry experience and knowledge of nutrition requirements
- Experience in large quantity food preparation and service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be able to speak and understand English in order to take direction and communicate with the dining services team and other school stakeholders
- Ability to interact effectively with others
- Ability to speak and hear
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constant standing with some walking
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 50 pounds.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- Generally in an indoor setting.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to heat/cold
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
Oxbridge Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employee is responsible for organizational support to the admission office, while understanding the mission, vision, core values, and other school policies, ensuring adherence of these policies in performance, action and self-conduct. The duties listed below will expand with the employee’s knowledge of the admission office; therefore, the employee needs to be open to added responsibility. This position reports to the Director of Admission.
- Answer door, greet visitors and set them up for their visit.
- Answer phone calls and analyze the needs for each individual and follow through accordingly by answering questions, providing appropriate forms, transferring to another admission staff member or providing a referral to the appropriate person or department.
- Prepare and send open house flyers to feeder schools.
- Assist admission staff by preparing and organizing materials for open houses and school visits.
- Assist admission staff with shadow program through confirmation emails to families and host students and preparation of name tags.
- Work with other departments, as requested and needed.
- Manage calendar of appointments and events.
- Maintain office supplies and restock as necessary.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, as necessary.
- Following the guidelines designated by the admission staff, perform file maintenance (scan, format and upload applicant requirements) to domestic and international files.
- Track and follow up with inquiries to assist in turning prospects to applicants.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required
- One to three years of related experience, or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Exceptional organizational skills required.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point required.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and positively with prospective students, parents, staff, administration, and other individuals in either individual or group settings.
Oxbridge Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.