Advancement & Development Positions
Oxbridge Academy, a non-profit, independent grade 6-12 school in West Palm Beach, Florida, seeks to hire a full-time Assistant Director of Development. The Assistant Director of Development will support the Director of Development to plan and execute donor relation strategies with the goal of raising funds for Oxbridge Academy. The position will also help with developing comprehensive fundraising plans, planning special events, encourage participation, and boost community involvement. The Assistant Director of Development is comfortable with direct communication and solicitation with prospective donors. The position participates in solving logistical issues and collaborates with multiple colleagues and departments including the advancement team, head of school, faculty and staff, and the board of trustees. This position reports directly to the Director of Development, overseen by the Director of Advancement.
- Under the direction of the Director of Development and the Director of Advancement, assist with implementation of annual fund efforts, targeting various constituent groups related to Oxbridge Academy.
- Assist with the strategic planning and promotion of comprehensive capital campaigns.
- Experience, understanding, and knowledge of wealth screening for individuals and foundations. Prior experience with wealth research software a plus.
- Manage the development office’s use of SIS database system and wealth research software.
- Process gift and donor acknowledgements.
- Understanding and knowledge of foundational research and grant proposals.
- Communicate with donors, keep them updated on recent events, and include them on communications enhancing satisfaction of donor relations.
- Coordinate production and mailing of development collateral and solicitations, working closely with the Communications Department on the creation of collateral materials.
- Assist with hosting outreach events and networking connections that appeal to current and potential donors.
- Assist with the planning of the alumni relations program.
- Assist with the planning of meeting and volunteer support for the Oxbridge Parent Organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-6+ years’ experience required in development and fundraising, non-profits preferred, special events, or other relevant industry experience.
- Utilization of fundraising and wealth research software experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Grant writing is a plus.
- Ideal candidates will be creative, detail-oriented, organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, meet deadlines and work well with others.
- Business acumen and strong technology skills, Microsoft Suite proficiency, utilization of CRM and SIS systems, fundraising, wealth research and foundation research software.
- Strong verbal communication and people skills with leadership potential.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and work with cross-functional teams.
- Energetic, self-motivated team player who thrives on accomplishing goals, getting results, and improving the organization.
Oxbridge Academy is a non-profit, independent grade 6-12 school in West Palm Beach, Florida. Oxbridge Academy commits to being a community characterized by civility, respect, and trust; a school that fosters the virtues of discipline, perseverance, and responsibility. Oxbridge Academy is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity at all levels, and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration.