Health & Wellness Positions
Oxbridge Academy, a non-profit, independent grade 6-12 school in West Palm Beach, Florida, seeks to add another a full-time, experienced Mental Health Counselor. Employee is responsible for understanding the Mission, Vision, Core Values, Employee Handbook and other school policies of Oxbridge Academy, ensuring the adherence of these policies in performance, action and self-conduct. The Mental Health Counselor supports the student’s ability to learn and teacher’s ability to teach. The incumbent will apply expertise in mental health, learning and behavior, to help students succeed academically, socially, behaviorally and emotionally. Partnering with families, teachers, school administrators, and other professionals, the psychologist creates safe, healthy and supportive learning environments that strengthen connections between home, school, and community.
- Identifies and assesses the learning, development, and adjustment characteristics and needs of individuals and groups, as well as, the environmental factors that affect learning and adjustment.
- Provides interventions to students to support the teaching process and maximize learning.
- Provides consultation to parents, teachers, other school personnel, and community agencies to enhance the learning and adjustment of students.
- Assists in the planning, development, and evaluation of programs to meet identified learning and adjustment needs.
- Delivers a planned and coordinated program of psychological services.
- Applies ethics and standards of professional practice in the delivery of school psychological services and observes relevant laws and policies that govern practice.
- Continually seek professional development to improve knowledge and skills.
- Conducts psychological and academic evaluations to determine the presence of learning disabilities and the need for further school support.
- Monitors student progress and well-being.
- Promotes positive behavior and mental health.
- Identifies at risk students and school vulnerabilities.
- Provides crisis prevention and intervention services.
- Master’s Degree in psychology, mental health counseling, social work, or marriage and family therapy. Active license as a Mental Health Counselor, Clinical Social Worker, or Marriage and Family Therapist under Chapter 491, Florida Statutes.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with students required.
- Experience in the counseling process with school age children.
- State licensure or nationally certified by the National Association of School Psychologists.
- Coursework and experiences as prescribed by the National Association of School Psychologists.
Oxbridge Academy is a non-profit, independent grade 6-12 school in West Palm Beach, Florida. Oxbridge Academy commits to being a community characterized by civility, respect, and trust; a school that fosters the virtues of discipline, perseverance, and responsibility. Oxbridge Academy is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity at all levels, and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.