Juniors & Seniors - during study hall
- Attendance is taken in every class every day.
- Parents still need to report illness if their student is unable to participate in their online classes.
- Absences are reported through Veracross. Click HERE to review the procedures.
- A student will receive an unexcused absence if their absence is not reported, per the student handbook.
Students can open IT support tickets anytime, Monday - Friday, day or night, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The IT Team will service tickets from 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. The IT Team will remote into a student's laptop by appointment, if necessary, to fix a technical issue.
Troubleshoot before you submit a ticket! Click HERE for tips.
Students who have technical issues during class should notify their teacher. If the issue cannot be fixed in class, the student should contact email@example.com.
The Math Center is open virtually before school, during lunch, and after school, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Click HERE for instructions for accessing the Math Center.
English teachers are available during the online school day for individual writing conferences with students. Students should email their English teachers to set up a conference time. Students may contact a peer tutor for assistance. Click HERE for contact information and instructions.
Many colleges and universities have paused their regular admission tours and visits. Click HERE for a list of upcoming virtual university admission events and other helpful links. If you have any questions, please reach out to the Academic Advising, Student Services, and College Counseling office (ASC).
We are providing online mental health services to our students. Mrs. Pam Figoras, our mental health counselor, is available for drop-in counseling during the school day. Appointments are available outside of school hours as needed.
- Students can also reach Mrs. Figoras on Microsoft Teams, at Pam's Office.
If someone in your family experiences a mental health emergency, call 911.