Oxbridge Academy’s merit scholarship program expands our commitment to putting a world-class education in reach of the most qualified and deserving applicants.
Who is eligible to apply?
Grade 8 Oxbridge students re-enrolling for grade 9 and new applicants for grades 9, 10 and 11 are eligible to apply. Limited to the most exemplary applicants, merit scholarships are awarded in the amount of $5,000 or $10,000. Scholarships renew annually provided recipients maintain an outstanding academic and behavior record. Applicants may apply for both a merit scholarship and need-based financial aid.
What is the application criteria?
- Outstanding academic record across a range of subject areas
- Strong character and citizenship
- Demonstrated leadership
- Evidence of contribution(s) to school or local community
What is the scholarship application process?
1. To support the above application criteria, answer the following questions in paragraph form:
- What do you feel are your strongest academic achievements?
- How do you demonstrate leadership and strong character inside and outside of the classroom?
- How will you contribute to Oxbridge Upper School?
2. Submit an essay with a minimum of 400 words on the following topic. Include the word count at the bottom of your essay.
Oxbridge Academy’s vision is to graduate students who will meet the world boldly with initiative and kindness. Reflect upon a time when you demonstrated leadership, took initiative, or exhibited kindness. Explain how the experience changed you and what lesson(s) you learned.
How do I submit my scholarship application?
- Include your name and current grade at the top of your document
- Submit your answers to the above questions and essay in a single document
- Email to email@example.com
Grade 8 Oxbridge students re-enrolling for grade 9 are required to follow the Spring Decision timeline above.